Create an Account
Bundle & Save
For Home & Work
For Cell Phones & Wireless
Where Do I Start?
Children & Teens
Cell Phones & Wireless
Cell Phones & Wireless
Cell Phones & Wireless
Cause for Concern
Cell phones and wireless devices have become a major concern when it comes to health and safety. They emit constant streams of
, both from cell and WiFi reception, and yet they are designed to be held right against the head or body for hours at a time. It has been concretely established in the science world that our bodies absorb the radiation that these devices produce, and though it is non-ionizing (or “non-heating”), it is still damaging in many critical ways.
If you research the topic of cell phone and wireless radiation danger, you will quickly see that there is a large-scale debate surrounding this issue. It has become standard for industry officials and government agencies alike to deny the legitimacy of studies showing health risks from microwave radiation exposure. Instead, most side with the conclusions of industry-funded studies, where a notable bias for safety can be found. Because of this fact, it has become incredibly important for us, the public, to educate ourselves, actively considering all sides of science, so we can make informed decisions about our own use of these devices.
What Science Tells Us
One of the best ways to get a good, complete picture of the science behind the various known effects of wireless radiation exposure is to read through the
2012 BioInitiative Report
. In it, you will find a comprehensive guide to many different points of study that have indicated health dangers due to microwave radiation exposure.
Another great resource on this topic is a cohesive
conducted by Dr. Henry Lai, bioengineering professor at Washington State. In it, he defines the many neurological effects wireless radiation causes. Dr. Lai has been studying EMF for decades and has contributed greatly to this science.
Dr. Martin Pall, a renowned professor of biochemistry and medical sciences, made an incredible breakthrough in recent years when he identified the
that occurs within the human cell when exposed to microwave radiation. He recently issued the following list of known health hazards in a
he wrote to the governor of California. The list is based on reputable and current science and it is an incredible resource for understanding the true hazard that cell phones represent.
Dr. Martin Pall’s list of known hazards:
1) Various neurological/neuropsychiatric effects, including changes in brain structure and function.
2) Changes in various types of psychological responses and changes in behavior.
3) At least eight different endocrine (hormonal) effects
4) Cardiac effects influencing the electrical control of the heart, including changes in ECGs.
5) Chromosome breaks and other changes in chromosome structure.
6) Histological changes in the testes.
7) Cell death.
8) Lowered male fertility, including lowered sperm quality and function, and also lowered female fertility.
9) Oxidative stress.
10) Changes in calcium fluxes and calcium signaling.
11) Cellular DNA damage, including single-strand breaks and double-strand breaks in cellular DNA, and 8-OHdG in cellular DNA.
12) Cancer, which is likely to involve these DNA changes but also increased rates of tumor promotion-like events.
13) Therapeutic effects, including stimulation of bone growth.
14) Cataract formation (previously thought to be thermal, now known not to be).
15) Breakdown of the blood-brain barrier.
16) Melatonin depletion and sleep disruption.
for more information!
If you want to learn more about the dangers of microwave radiation when it comes to cell phone use, we highly recommend giving these recently published books a read:
Overpowered: What Science Tells Us About the Dangers of Cell Phones and other Wi-Fi Age Devices,
by Dr. Martin Blank. [
Disconnect: The Truth about Cell Phone Radiation,
by Dr. Devra Davis. [
Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn’t Be Your Alarm Clock,
by Ann Louise Gittleman. [
What to do?
To help lessen the hazards of radiation from your cell phone and other wireless devices, the first thing you should do is STOP holding them close to your body (both while in use and not) for any length of time. Keeping a distance of at least a couple of feet away from your devices is ideal, although it may take some getting used to. Use speakerphone or wired headphones while on your cell phone, and keep laptops and wireless gadgets on tables or stands instead of laps. Taking these measures can greatly reduce the risk of potential harm.
At EarthCalm, we also believe that EMF protection is a critical measure. We have developed our
specifically to counterbalance the hazardous emissions of cell phones and wireless, making them safer to be around. We recommend our whole-house and wearable protection as well, as they all work together to lessen the dangers of EMF radiation.
The statements herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The technology and products within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any physical/mental/medical conditions or diseases. If you have a physical/mental/medical condition or disease, please consult a professional health care provider.